Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays, and more Birthdays

Our mailbox has been flooded with birthday invitations in the last week!  I'm not complaining because its so nice knowing we are breaking out of our winter hibernation.  Some of these birthday parties are for school, or ballet, or gymnastics friends that I don't know so well.  Its tough buying a gift for a child you aren't familiar with so I thought I'd share some of my go-to gifts.  Enjoy!

All net proceeds of the Foundation Bracelets support ACCION USA, buildOn and Girls Incorporated, which in turn support the Stella & Dot foundation's mission to create positive change for women.  Gotta love a gift that gives twice!  Each bracelet comes in a beautiful tin {for safe keeping when the little girls isn't being stylist}.


This is not just for boys!  My girls *love* this outside toy, and springtime is a great time to gift this to a little boy or girl on your gift list.


This has been very popular with the children in my daughter's Kindergarten class.  The early school years are a perfect time to encourage creativity as well as working on writing skills.  And the child has a beautiful, real book they made themselves!


I discovered these tabletop sandboxes in THE COOLEST toy store while we were on vacation last month.  I think I'll plan another vacation to the same destination next winter and block off a day just to hang out in the toy store because it was so much fun!  Find more themes here.

2 comments:

Craft That Party said...

great ideas! my kids got stomp rockets for christmas and use them all the time!

Rachel said...

Ooo, I'm needing birthday gift ideas, too, thanks!