Wednesday, November 25, 2009

happy thankgiving

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
Maybe its because Thanksgiving is also my mother's favorite holiday.
Maybe its because Thanksgiving is the holiday in which we focus on what we have, and not the 'gifts' that follow the other two big holidays (ironic coming from the woman who loves to shop for gifts!).
Maybe its because Thanksgiving brings us yummy food all.day.long.
Maybe its because Thanksgiving ends with football viewing.

What I am thankful for this year are no different than in years past. I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband. On our wedding day I loved him so much, yet I had no idea how much that love could grow as we build a life and family together. I have two daughters that I am blessed to share each day. Even when they push me to the edge I simply look into their beautiful blue eyes and remember how special they are to me and the world around us. My immediate and extended family mean so much to me. There is no better way to spend this holiday, or any holiday/celebration, then with family. My dear friends, the ones I get to see often and those scattered around the world with whom I share an online community. They help me to be a better person, a better mother, a better wife. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: