Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's Day



A few months ago a friend shared a link to the Sophie Conrad by Portmeirion Serveware Collection. I think every piece is perfection! I'm hoping to see it in person at a Macy's very soon. And if I love it in real life as much as I love the picture online then these pieces will be a staple on my Mother's Day wish list for years to come. We are using the dishes I bought (on sale!) while in college over 13 years ago. That is a lot of mileage for dishes, which is great, but I think its time to refresh the table setting here. They are also available at Amazon.

The gift I'm giving my mother this year is a re-do (the original took a tumble and broke two years ago). We are decorating terra cotta pots with little thumb prints and red paint. Then I'll use a special black pen to make the prints into lady bugs. We'll fill the pot with a beautiful flower but you could fill it with new gardening gloves, seed package, or even a gift card to her favorite store.

I thought I would share some other Mother's Day ideas that could still arrive in time for Sunday.

~Someday, I'll Ask You by P. J. Cloud is a great book to give to your mom or use as a springboard to ask all those questions you've never thought to as before.

~birds and flowers Eco-Friendly Reusable Grocery bag from Mi hermana y yo's Etsy shop would make anyone smile while checking out at the grocery store.

~Queen Bee Flat Notes and Labels (Personalized) from Whisker Graphics Etsy shop are so appropriate for moms ;).

~You can never go wrong with food, especially chocolate covered yummy fruit from Edible Arrangements. Mmmmm.

~Little Darlings Earrings (blue, green, or pink) from Juicie Julz's Etsy shop and simple and beautiful.

On Mother's Day don't forget to tell you mom and the other moms in you life how wonderful they are and that you recognize all the work they do (and have done) to make our world a little brighter.

No comments: