Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MD Komen Race for the Cure fundraiser with Stella & Dot‏



I'm very excited to share with you my Maryland Komen Race for the Cure fundraiser with Stella & Dot!!

I'm donating 25% of all purchases made through my Stella & Dot site this month to the MD Komen Race for the Cure in memory of my aunt.

My Aunt Martha past away last fall after she fought cancer for many, many years. We were so lucky to have so many great memories and laughs together that I will cherish them forever. In years past I participated in the MD Komen Race for the Cure and walked in honor of my aunt, on October 23rd I will walk in her memory. I have set a big fundraising goal for myself this year and I thought a great way to reach my goal would be donating my October Stella & Dot commission to the cause my aunt supported during her battles. Get a jump start on Christmas shopping while supporting the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Please consider making a Stella & Dot purchase knowing 25% of your purchase is going to a wonderful cause!!
  
Simply go to www.stelladot.com/gnagey, browse around and enjoy the beautiful Stella & Dot jewelry. If you decide to make a purchase (thank you!!) be sure to select Team Martha before you finalize your order (find the Trunk Show name in the drop down box under my photo on the Checkout page).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Susan G. Komen Foundation was started by Susan’s younger sister Nancy G. Brinker. Susan was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1977 at the age of 33 years old. As Susan was losing her battle with cancer, she realized she didn’t know enough about breast cancer and felt she could have lived if she was better educated. Nancy made a vow to Susan that she would help build breast cancer awareness. Susan died just 3 years after her diagnosis, and two years later Nancy founded the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Since then, the foundation has become the largest breast cancer organization in the United States.

No comments: