Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jelly Belly Raspberry Hearts ♥

(sorry this is picture is so, so small)

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. In my book this holiday is very similar to NYE - lots of hype and expectations that are rarely realized.

However since having children in school I have learned to enjoy the fun of making little somethings for the people in your daily life. Something little to tell them how much you enjoy spending your time with them, how much you 'love' them. We will begin the great search for the 2010 Valentine soon. My older daughter has a small class this year and I think we'll go all out on a detailed Valentine card this year.

What got me thinking of Valentine's Day so early you may ask ... these little darlings. Mmmm. Mmmm. I spotted the Jelly Belly Raspberry Hearts at the store yesterday. Mmmm. Mmmm. I haven't had them in years, many years. I can't recall the first time I discovered them, but they are my favorite Valentine candy. Pricey, yes ($6 is pricey in my tiny budget). But I will find a way to fit the $6 cost into my grocery budget next week. Then I'll lock myself in a small room alone with the bag ... heaven!

Okay, back to reality. These little gummy candies would be a great Valentine's Day gift to just about anyone. And who wouldn't want yummy candies as a nice change from chocolate this year?

No comments: