Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eggnog Pound Cake

This Christmas we are making a few baked goods to go along with our gifts.  I haven't given cookies or breads for Christmas since before I had my children but I'm so glad to be doing it again this year!

Baking in the oven as I type is Eggnog Pound Cake (recipe below).  I am using the cute small kraft loaf molds from Garnish.  I plan to pop the finished pound cakes into a cello bag along with a wooden knife and fork (also from Garnish) tied together with a ribbon.  Slap a fun gift tag label that says 'From the Kitchen of ...' (from Tiny Prints) on the outside and it makes a super gift.

If you have some extra baking time give this recipe a try!

Eggnog Pound Cake

Ingredients
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup eggnog

Method:
Sift dry ingredients together in a small bowl.

In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then the vanilla.

Add flour mixture to bowl, alternating with eggnog.

Bake at 325° for about 65-75 minutes (in 2 loaf pans), 70-80 minutes (in a Bundt) or about 22 minutes for mini-loaves.

Cool in pan.

I don't remember where I got this recipe from so if any of my friends know of the blog or message board please let me know. 
I'd love to give credit to someone for this yummy Christmas pound cake!!

No comments: