Tuesday, October 13, 2009

glassybaby forever!


This is the most beautiful votive holder you will ever find! And solid, its a heavy piece in your hand. Each glassybaby is hand blown in Seattle with the belief that it can uplift a room and a room full of people. A quote from the website that I love is 'glassybaby serve as a metaphor to symbolize hope and are humble in spirit but not beauty' - so, so true. I have a thing for green lately so the glassybaby pictured above is the color greenlake. They come in over 70 colors, some transparent and some opaque. Display one solo or a grouping of complimenting colors, either way you will have an inviting warm glow in your home.

The glassybaby website was shared by a friend starting her own online business many years ago. I fell in love with the look as well as the colors. I quickly ordered two, one for me and one for my sister. My sister burns a votive in her kitchen daily so I thought a glassybaby would be a perfect gift for her. Once they arrived I couldn't believe how sturdy they were in your hand. Glassbabies look so delicate sitting on a shelf yet they are so solid.

You can shop for glassybabies here, $40 plus shipping.

No comments: